Any personal data that you provide to Education Support Edinburgh via any means (verbal, written, in electronic form, or by your use of our website) will be held and processed in accordance with principles of the General Data Protection Regulation for the purposes for which you have given consent, to provide the services you have requested, and to meet the legitimate interests of Education Support Edinburgh.
This policy only applies to data collected by Education Support Edinburgh, and our own website, contact forms and processes. Third parties and websites that are linked to Education Support Edinburgh are not covered by this policy.
What information does Education Support Edinburgh collect?
- Employment – If you apply for job opportunities advertised on our website and elsewhere, and/or become an employee of Education Support Edinburgh, you will be required to provide your contact details and other personal information such as employment history and qualifications, as well as details of referees. This information is processed for the purposes of considering your application, making any offer of employment and administering your contract of employment. We will also ask for tax and financial information such as your bank account details in order to administer tax, National Insurance and wage payments and any other information that may be necessary.
What does Education Support Edinburgh use your information for?
- To notify you about changes to your appointments and other changes to our services.
- To notify you of services, groups and events organised by Education Support Edinburgh if you have opted to receive this information
- To improve Education Support Edinburgh service to ensure that it is provided in the most effective manner.
- To administer Education Support Edinburgh’s service, including the arrangement of appointments, the handling of payments, and for financial control, data analysis, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To fulfil our administrative, legal and contractual obligations.
We will not share any information about you with other organisations or people, except in the following situations:
- Consent – We may share your information with others whom you have requested or agreed we should contact
- Serious harm – We may share your information with the relevant authorities if we have reason to believe that this may prevent serious harm being caused to you or another person. Where possible, we would always seek your consent first, but if this is not possible our duty is to act to prevent harm occurring.
- Compliance with law – We may share your information where we are required to by law or by regulations and other rules to which we are subject.
How does Education Support Edinburgh keep your information safe?
All information you provide to Education Support Edinburgh is stored as securely as possible.
The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your information using industry-standard protocols and encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via email or electronically, including via the contact form and booking application on our website; any transmission is at your own risk. For this reason, we request that you do not send us emails or other forms of electronic communication containing sensitive information such as medical or health information. If we receive such an email, we will refer it to a counsellor or therapist if clinically appropriate. Such emails or communications will be deleted once dealt with.
We may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our website.
You have the right to ask us to provide a copy of the information held by us in our records. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information. If you would like to do this, please contact us using any of the methods of contact listed on Education Support Edinburgh website.
You may withdraw your consent for us to hold and process your data at any time. You can do this by contacting us via any of the methods of contact listed on Education Support Edinburgh website.
If you are not happy with the way we use your data, you can complain to the ICO at www.ico.org.uk